Flea market for vintage gear and newer

Fender Blues Jr

Postby taxman208 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Due to the rising cost of ammunition... No WARNING shots will be fired
taxman208
250 Posts

Re: Fender Blues Jr

Postby Paladin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:52 pm

These lil' shits just plain rawk! ;) I have one just like it with the lacquered tweed and I have two friends that use them exclusively on just about every gig they do. (Both major blues guitar players.) One put an old JBL in his and it has a lil' more head room before breaking up. The vintage reissue Jensen kind of gets mushy on some of them as it breaks in and when they are driven hard. Thinking about doing the same to mine but so far the Jensen is doing OK.
Propaganda is a soft weapon; hold it in your hands too long, and it will move about like a snake, and strike the other way.
Paladin
250 Posts

Postby taxman208 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:09 pm

I 've been listening to them on youtube , they sound great. I wouldn't mind getting one to keep at home. There are plenty of amps to use at my dads house , where we mostly play.
Due to the rising cost of ammunition... No WARNING shots will be fired
taxman208
250 Posts

Postby jwl325 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:53 pm

I've got one sitting beside me as I type this.

It's a nice little amp...I tend to run a pedal with it, either my Digiverb or my Tonelab ST. The reverb tank on the amp as stock absolutely sucks IMHO. There's a guy known as Bill M (no relation, sadly) who's supposed to be a wizard at mod'ing these amps. I think when I get back to the US, I may send mine to him to see what he can do.

BillM Adio

I keep my BJ down here in the LR for when I want to plug in a hollow or A/E. Sounds great at low volumes.
"I wasn't born in New Orleans, but I got here as soon as I could....."
jwl325
250 Posts

Return to Yesterday